Summer Activities in Palmer May 27th, 2010
Looking for things for your family to do this summer? Need to get the kids out of the house for a bit? Well here are just a few events, programs and suggestions for things to do this summer.
~Wilderness First Aid Course – June 4-6
Through the National Outdoor Leadership School (NOLS)
~Matsu Miners’ Games
Click here for more info.
~Summer Arts Programs for Kids
Through the Palmer Arts Council. Click on the link for more information and dates.
~Summer Reading Program
Sponsored by the Palmer Public Library. Click here for more information.
~Colony Days – June 11-13
Click here for info about the Celebration.
~June Workshop Series at the Palmer Museum
Photography in the Garden – June 5, 6, 25
Making a Bent Willow Chair – June 12
Making a Bent Willow Trellis – June 19
For more information and prices visit the PalmerMuseum.org
~Palmer Pride Picnic – July 4
Free picnic hosted by Palmer businesses and the City of Palmer. Palmer Pride hotdogs, farm fresh veggies, live music and Citizen of the Year.
Location: Palmer Train Depot
Family Summer Activities
- Friday Flings
- Bike the newer bike trail that runs from downtown Palmer all the way to the Butte.
- Relax at the Palmer Pool
- Bill Mitchell Fun Run Sponsored by MTA – June 13, 11:00am
Try this great event for the entire family. Bib pick-up 9:30am. 5-K and special 1-K for ages 13 and Under. Flat course, out and back on pavement and bike trails.
LOCATION: Downtown Palmer
- Cool Off at the Palmer Ice Rink
- Visit the Independence Mine in Hatcher Pass
- Hike the Butte
- Hike in Hatcher Pass
- Go canoeing or fishing in one of several lakes:
- Feeling brave? Try Nova River Runners and raft down the Matanuska River
- Visit and/or Hike on the Matanuska Glacier
- Walk the Morgan Horse Trail at the base of Lazy Mountain
- Hike Lazy Mountain
- Need a good picnic spot? Click here for a list of all state parks and recreation areas around Palmer.
This post is sponsored by Valley Market Real Estate.
- Find us on Facebook!